20 July 2009

Red Pepper & Black Bean Crustless Quiche


It's been a while since I put something together recipe wise. Last night for dinner, I made a crustless quiche with a cucumber (with my own cucumbers) dill salad and a nice multigrain bread. And it was paired for me with a Cotes du Rhone Blanc. Rather tasty.

4 eggs
1 C milk
1.5 C shredded parmesan
1 C roughly chopped red pepper
1 C drained and rinsed canned black beans
1 clove minced garlic
3 T flour
1 T vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp hot sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Grease a glass pie dish and add mixture.

Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Eat voraciously.

---------------------------

I was recently told by a friend that serving things like brie and apples, and crustless quiche seems to them, slightly pretentious. I make quiche so often (it's a great way to use up leftover veggies), that it would never occur to me that it might seem pretentious.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

herding tapeworms said...

can i call you dollop? (my word for verification is "dolynest" -- can you call that as well?)