06 August 2009

Birthdays

Well, this ninny is one year closer to old. This week, I celebrated my birthday at a little dinner party with friends. It was really rather amazing. Organized by my friend, the bearded giant, for the first time in a long time, I got to simply play hostess rather than cook, hostess and housekeeper.

The bearded giant crafted a rather impressive menu with spectacular wines paired with it.

Check this out:
- crostini with manchego, membrillo, cantaloupe and jamón serrano
- pan roasted duck with potato rosti and blueberry green peppercorn chutney
- blackberry crème brûlée with custom made dark chocolates with pancetta and sea salt from Escazu Chocolates



For beverages, we started with some delicious champagne. With dinner, we had some amazing reds - including a bordeaux from my birth year. And, with that spectacular crème brûlée, we had - my favorite - a birth year bottle of port. How impressive is that? I couldn't believe that the bearded giant took the time to search for ancient wines to accompany my birthday party!



The aftermath of the evening, empty glasses and self-portraits.



It was certainly one of the best birthday parties I've ever attended. Great food, great wine and great company!

No comments: