13 August 2009

New Glasses!

I'm pretty psyched. After a good long while of needing new glasses, I finally got some. I looked around at a couple different places and was having a hard time exactly what I wanted, and everything seemed overpriced. I decided that I might as well try online. I found a website with RIDICULOUSLY inexpensive frames and lens. The price that they give you is the cost for the frames and lenses. The wire-rimmed glasses I got were $7.99. That's pretty good.

Well, of course, I got swept away after I decided that having several inexpensive not quite my style frames is better than one expensive more my style pair of glasses.

So, here's what I ended up with:



After a little time with all of the glasses and a little getting used to, I have decided that this is my favorite pair of glasses:

5 comments:

Lisa Jane Berray said...

They all look great! And I have to say, your hair is gorgeous!

nenny said...

Awesome. A friend of mine recently wrote a very similar post on her blog - she also went multicolor: http://www.jejune.net/bits/2009/04/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-cheap-internet-glasses/

I'm very tempted - I'm thinking I'll need to start wearing glasses again in the near future & am not sure I can pass up $8 a pair.

girlnblack77 said...

Is that website 'b-p-g' based out of Nevada? I stumbled on them a month ago and couldn't decide whether to order since I didn't know anyone who had. I understand reluctance to post the website, but I'd love it if you could give us a hint.
I like your favorite pair, but I also *really* like the second of the four.

Spinning Ninny said...

The site that I used was eyebuydirect.com. It took a long while for my glasses to come, or at least a long while by my standards...just over 3 weeks. Their customer service was a bit patchy. I'd suggest not using their 800 number, as I didn't get a single call back from the messages that I left. I did, however, have success with their non-800 number once I started using that. Great selection, fairly good quality, great prices and great cases too. Also, my officemate got some pretty nice glasses from 39dollarglasses.com.

MikaJ said...

i love them!