21 September 2009

Rest and Relaxation!

It was such a lovely weekend - the only things that could have made it better would have been less humidity or an extra day. :)

This weekend was the most relaxed I've been in a long time. In addition to watching copious amounts of Ghost Hunters and hours of HGTV, I got too do a significant amount of knitting, tidying, napping, eating and hockey-watching. Friday night was the first pre-season game for the Hurricanes...I hadn't seen the team (obviously) since the last playoff game when they shit the bed last season... While they didn't win, the evening still wasn't a bust. I got to meet up with some hockey friends for tailgating, drank some beer, played with some kids, and I did get to see two pretty decent fights. Overall, a successful game.

Saturday, we headed to the Durham farmer's market and to the Durham Public Library in the morning. We tooled around both and had a nice relaxing morning. Then, for lunch, we went to the Federal. They have the most amazing garlic fries. After that, we headed back home. The bearded giant had a wine tasting that evening (and later returned home with a bouquet of roses for me)...so I was on my own... Lots of knitting ensued...



Sunday was lovely and relaxing as well. In the morning, the bearded giant got up and made me a wonderful breakfast of biscuits and gravy! Then, I was behind on some work things, so I spent the better part of the afternoon working. Sadly, I was also not feeling well. My allergies are absolutely horrid right now, and I was practically out of commission by evening. So, rather than cooking dinner for the bearded giant, he cooked dinner for me. He made pork loin, rice pilaf with Turkish apricots and sauteed mini-peppers. It was delicious. The flavors were all incredible together! Mmmm... Thankfully, I have some for lunch today... :)



I'm hoping to keep up the knitting and really cranking through the pattern I'm working on. The yarn (Debbie Bliss Merino Aran) I'm using feels amazing and looks great too. I'm hoping that I don't lose steam, but instead that I keep on keeping on!

No comments: