22 September 2009

UGH!

I had a ridiculously long day at work yesterday. Afterwards, I headed to the gym to let off some steam. Before heading home, I shopped for my weekly allotment of veggies and cheese in order to replenish my bare refrigerator...and make myself some food.

I didn't get all that much, but I had a plan:
- go home
- unpack my groceries
- watch Heroes
- and cook dinner, pasta salad and lentil salad

Well, my plan took me much longer than I thought it would. My stove has been on the fritz for a long while. Last month, I had maintenance come in and check it out. They said it was fine...but I am pretty sure they just came in, turned the burners on, noted that they got hot and headed out. For the month prior to that and the month after, in order to get any of my burners to get warm, I'd have to wiggle, jiggle and bang on them.

Until last night.

Last night, no amount of wiggling and jiggling, nor any other effort to reconnect the receptors in the heating element to a power source would work. Now, well, only my 2 small burners work.

Imagine with me, if you will, attempting to cook rice, chicken, lentils, pasta and veggies on ONLY TWO SMALL BURNERS. Yes, friends, it took me HOURS. I'm pissed. I hope that my apartment maintenance actually does something to remedy this...

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I sympathize. One of my burners broke shortly after I bought the place, and I have tried to replace it a couple of times without success.

I don't cook nearly as much as you, but it is difficult with only three burners.