01 October 2009

Earache? Really?

I've had a bit of an interesting day today. I called in sick to work...with an earache. How many adults do you know that have had an earache? I can't think of a single one. I have a fever, an achy ear and general malaise.

I worked from home a bit, went to the doctor and headed to Fresh Market. I'd never been to Fresh Market before, but the bearded giant alerted me to the fact that they have (my fav) Peet's coffee. I've been running low on coffee for a while, so I thought I'd check it out. Interesting place. They had some delicious coffees, cheeses, chocolates, produce...and NO

Despite not feeling well, I got a little creative for lunch today. I didn't have much food in the house, however, I did have all of the makings for pesto. I whipped out Hilda, the food processor. She and I spent some quality time whipping up some basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parm and olive oil. It was so simple and it tastes incredible. It made a whopping 2 cups, so I know what I'll be eating for the next few days!

4 comments:

Lorene said...

Someone on livejournal recently got an ear infection and asked the same question. So apparently the answer is 2. Feel better!

Retainer Girl said...

I had the worst earache of my life when I was 25. I missed four days of work, and the first two days I had such terrible vertigo I couldn't move, just had to lie in bed in the same position.

...So make it 3.

SueFitz said...

Congrats on your blogoversary!

Earaches are a pain (ha - ha) haven't had one since I was a kid

Teena in Toronto said...

Happy blogoversary!