12 October 2009

Fall Feasts and staring matches

I've gotten in some great knitting time recently. While I managed to miss my knitting group on Thursday night because I was working late, I did get to go to a knitting lunch at Duke's Gothic Bookstore. There's a group of folks who meet there to knit on Thursdays from noon to 2pm. It was really lovely to have the much needed mid-day break.

In addition to popping over to the bookstore for some knitting, I met with my friend Mika this weekend for some knitting at Foster's Market. It was nice and relaxing. We sat outside on their patio...and while the weather started out a little warm and balmy, by the time we were leaving there was an evening chill starting in on the air.

All of the knitting has definitely helped me make good progress on my projects. I've finished seaming all but one portion of my cardigan. I intended to acquire buttons for it this past weekend, but that didn't happen. I'll try to remember to do it this evening. And of course, my vest is coming along swimmingly. I've knitted about 9 inches on it...that's the torso portion and I'm on to the chest shaping. I'm really anxious to get as much knitted and finished as I can by the end of the year. I feel like I got a late start knitting this year...and I have A LOT of yarn...

In cooking news, the bearded giant and I definitely made some messes in the kitchen.
- Poutine (don't knock it till you try it)
- Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Duck
- Cornbread Stuffing
- Cinnamon Pecan Pancakes



In addition to knitting and cooking, there was a lot of this that went on:



It looks like they're having a staring contest, but I think that Luther wanted to love on the bearded giant.

No comments: