19 October 2009

Pumpkin Season

It was my college homecoming this weekend, which means I got to trek up to Fredericksburg. And, although the weather was crap, and I left a bit early due to the impending doom of a sinus infection, I had a blast. I went to dinner at my favorite restaurant - Sammy T's. There was a rugby party. There was pumpkin picking. And best of all, I got to meet my friend Ginny's baby! Ella was born this summer and is absolutely precious. She's lovely, lively and adorable. Here's a picture that I stole from Gin:



You might notice that she's wearing this hat: http://spinningninny.blogspot.com/2008/07/fo-beachy-foliage.html I did take some knitted bits up to Ginny, but I failed to take up the couple that I was actually really excited about. Somehow, I managed to "lose" a box of knitted baby gifties...they turned out to be in plain sight in my living room. Ridiculous, I know. I am going to try to make a special delivery next weekend...special delivery of a couple different knitted items. It should be very exciting.

My cardigan is coming together nicely, and with the bearded giant's support, my seaming frustrations have been minimal. I hope to have the cardigan wrapped up by mid-week. And then, I can focus on finishing up a couple more projects before diving into my holiday knitting. :) Here's a lovely picture from the beginning of last week. Sexy half cardigan!



In food news, I joined my local CSA and will be getting weekly installments of delicious, fresh, locally grown vegetables from now until December 29th! Woohoo. You really can't beat $12 a week for great vegetables. (See below - and there was an enormous watermelon too!)

And just a little bit more food...afterall...it is almost lunchtime... Last night, I made my mom's chili and cornbread. It was really lovely. It was cold yesterday evening (by fall standards) and we had a frost advisory, so it seemed like the right thing to make. Sunday morning, while I napped lazily on the couch, the bearded giant made me a delicious breakfast. I got baked apples, bacon and blueberry pecan pancakes. Amazing. He tried a new way of doing the bacon - baking it in the oven. He wasn't so happy with how it turned out, but I thought it was awesome. It was ridiculously crispy - just how I like it. And lastly, from the end of last week, Polish Sausage Ratatouille. It was definitely Dinner DIY Week for me. I'm really looking forward to continuing to create more recipes as my CSA produce arrives each week!

2 comments:

Retainer Girl said...

I miss Sammy T's. So delicious.

borntoride said...

wow! i am impressed.