1 16oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 jar pasta sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 15oz container ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thaw, drain and press out the water
3 C mozzarella
1/2 package of oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 tablespoons water
- Combine black beans, pasta sauce, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes. Stir thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, ricotta, salt, pepper, thawed spinach and 2 C (reserve 1 C) of the mozzarella cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, and layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles at the bottom of the baking dish. Put 2 tablespoons of water in the bottom of the dish.
- Layer 1/2 of ricotta mixture over noodles, then 1/3 of the sauce mixture, the 2nd 1/3 of noodles. Repeat.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake covered for 50 to 60 minutes, until a knife can easily be inserted into the top of the lasagna.
- Top lasagna with with remaining 1 C cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.