17 November 2009

Exciting Developments!

I haven't been blogging much, things have been busy here in the Triangle. I've been all over the place doing all sorts of things. I got myself a real estate agent who's funny and kind and helpful. We've been tooling through Raleigh, Cary and Morrisville looking at houses, townhouses and neighborhoods. It's been a learning experience for me, and about me to be honest. The bearded giant has helped me by giving me a much needed reality check from time to time. I have some very specific needs and some very specific wants. Ideally, I'd love to have a place that has a deck or outdoor space (good for doggies and kitties!). I'd like to have 3 bedrooms - master, guest and an office...and, most importantly a good kitchen. Initially, I thought I needed an open concept between the kitchen, dining and living rooms...but as I've seen different things, I'm realizing that it really depends on the layout of the individual house. I'm no where near ready yet, since I haven't been able to narrow down a location, I'm hardly ready to make the biggest purchase of my life yet...

At work, it's been mostly the same-old, same-old...except...I've taught 2 of my coworkers how to knit, restarted 1 coworker who had learned before...and everyone's in a frenzy of scarf making. It's pretty awesome. We've recruited a couple other folks who work with us into a little lunch knitting group. It's a ton of fun and it really allows me to have some good healthy downtime for lunch. For the longest time, I would just eat lunch at my desk and work right on through... Not the healthiest thing ever, but I made it work for a long time. Now though, I think I appreciate a better work life balance than I have had in the past.

I've also been hard at work on a sweater for the bearded giant. I'm making him the Cobblestone Pullover. You can see a great picture here: http://www.brooklyntweed.net/print.html I started another sweater a while ago, but I got my measurements wrong and I'll have to restart it. For that reason alone, I am trying to plug through the Cobblestone as FAST I possibly can. The downside to all of this knitting fun is that I've ended up irritating my carpal tunnel badness AGAIN. Knitting fail.

I did do a little cooking recently that I'd like to share, but it's not even out of the oven yet!

Last but not least, along with house hunting...comes dog hunting. I'm both a cat- and a dog-person. I grew up with both...and I'd like to continue growing older with both. :) Although having a dog is a huge responsibility, it's also fun. Hopefully, I'll be able to find a dog that is willing to adopt me... You can see the fella that I'm particularly fond of here: http://www.springerrescue.org/dogdocs/regions/available.php?reg=SE#1226

2 comments:

nancy said...

oooh! that's a nice sweater, lucky bearded giant! are you worried about the whole boyfriend sweater curse? i've never had the wherewithal to make a grown up sweater at all, but I refused to make Josh a hat until after we were married :)

good luck house hunting!

Retainer Girl said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see what kind of house you fall in love with. I love being a homeowner--although I miss the free repairs from the property manager...

I've never had a dog, but I love them, and lately I've really longed for a dog. I don't have room for one yet, but in a few years I hope to!