29 December 2009

The Buying of the House

As many of you all know, over the course of my last few baking excursions, I was really supposed to be packing to get into my new house. I actually bought a house. Ridiculous. I love it. It's perfect for me. I know people say, "location, location, location," but a house that doesn't meet your needs that is located in the perfect places STILL won't meet your needs even if it does meet the location standard.

They say that picking a Realtor is like dating, and in many ways it is. You have to find someone whose crazies don't make you crazy, and who meets your needs...and if you're really lucky, you'll find someone who meets your needs before you even know you have them. On the recommendations of several friends, I checked out Dawn Grasty, a local real estate agent for Prudential York Simpson Underwood Realty. She was amazing. In addition to being able to help me find places that were really exactly what I was looking for, she was great under pressure. In addition to helping me cope initially with multiple offers on the house that I wanted, she also managed to keep me calm when less than a week before closing was scheduled, it got pushed back. She has an amazing handle on the area...and on North Carolina in general, as she's a native to the state. If you're looking for a Triangle area real estate agent, LOOK HER UP! She also happens to be a lot of fun. :)

I will post more information about the house soon...and pictures, but first....the holidays...and mom's visit.

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I love your new house! It's adorable. I'm totally jealous you have a garage.