1/2 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 C orange marmalade
4 dates, pitted and quartered
8 frozen cherries - thawed and halved
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Flour a work surface, roll out puff pastry until it is roughly 12"x12".
- Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to split the dough into 16 3"x3" pieces.
- Dollop even amounts of marmalade in the center of each of the squares of puff pastry.
- On top of the marmalade, place a quarter of a date and a half a cherry.
- Close each square of pastry, by pulling all corners up to the top and pinching and twisting. If you have trouble getting the corners to stick together, use a little water to moisten them.
- Mix egg and milk together, and use a pastry brush to coat the top of each pastry purse.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.