08 December 2009

Do the Whirlwind!

I hope that everyone had a stellar Thanksgiving. I was sad not to be with my family, but happily surrounded by framily.

The bearded giant and I hosted several friends, and we all managed to completely stuff ourselves. The food was outstanding IMHO. We had a lovely menu:
-Turducken
-Cranberry & Wild Rice Stuffing (the giant made that up on the fly)
-Baked Squash Dish
-Sweet and Sour Pearl Onions
-Herbed Sally Lunn Rolls
-Mashed sweet potatoes with ginger
-Brussel Sprouts
-Apple Cheddar Pie



Here are a few photos of our little celebration. It was rather quaint, I thought.



And, of course, the biggest thing that is going on: I really am buying a house. I had a killer real estate agent who helped me really tear up the town. We went all over the Triangle in search of the perfect place. I recruited friends and family to come with me to view these places and really did find exactly what I was looking for... I found myself a 3 floor, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath brick-front townhouse with a fenced in backyard. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I am ready to jump into adulthood. I have scoffed at many a townhouse in my day, but none that I have seen have been quite a cute, cozy and perfect for me...until now.

The home-buying process has been surprisingly stress-free (thus far - knock on wood). I have friends who have looked much longer, and who have lost houses they really wanted. It's been surprisingly easy, and really educational. I read many a book on first-time home-buying this summer, but there's nothing quite so educational as actually going through the process.

Before the end of Hanukkah and before Christmas, I will be in possession of the most expensive thing I have ever purchased. And soon thereafter, I hope that there will be a dog in the mix as well. I've submitted my puppy adoption paperwork, I've had a phone interview, and I'm hoping to have a home visit sometime soon. I'm hoping for this guy in particular, but there are several others that I think would be wonderful fits for me, my life and my new house!

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single woman in possession of a good house must be in want of a dog.

And now...off to DC for work!!!

1 comment:

Retainer Girl said...

I'm jealous; I've long wanted to try turducken. Is it as wonderful as people say?

Congrats on the house! That's so exciting. I hope you get that puppy; he's schmoopy!