08 March 2010

Painting!

The painting of the spare room has finished, thanks to dear ol' Dad. Dad came down on Saturday afternoon to drop off some furniture for my spare bedroom. In addition to helping me schlepp the furniture up 3 flights of stairs, Dad also helped me paint the spare bedroom. I've been talking about doing it for a while now, but never managed to find the inspiration to start. It's pretty paralyzing to know enough about painting to do it, but not quite enough to get started. I'll post pictures as soon as I get a chance to take some.

We also had a little cooking fun! Dad made shrimp, corn and black bean tacos to be served with avocado lime cilantro salsa. Delish.



Dad said that he got the recipe from Ladies Home Journal, but I couldn't find the recipe online. It was nice and fresh tasting. I really enjoyed it. For dessert, I whipped up a 2nd Tart Tatin from Smitten Kitchen. It was outstanding. Better than the first which was amazing. This may be my new go-to baked good.



In other news, I seem to have misplaced my camera. I'm hoping I didn't leave it in NY... Eek.

No comments: