04 March 2010

Snowicane

Last week, I got to travel to NYC for work in the midst of what they were calling a Snowicane. It was quite blustery and very snowy and puddley. Thankfully, I was able to find a reasonably priced pair of rubber rain boots, which sufficed to keep me dry and able to navigate the city. I had a blast meeting with alumni and afterwards, getting to see my good friends who live up there. I ate at some superb restaurants:
And, of course, at Sciacca's for some great fun with good friends...

NYC is an expensive city. I'm glad I was there for work and not all pleasure, as my bank account would have protested.

In a surprise turn of events, Jiff ended up spending a few nights with me this weekend. We got to spend a nice afternoon walking around UNC's campus and talking about how I want Jiff to support me when I get older. Ellie enjoyed the outdoor exploration too!

For dinner on Saturday, I put together a quick, late meal. The bearded giant had been at a wine tasting, and Jiffy didn't get over until late. I managed to put together Lemon Butter Halibut topped with Parmesean, Broccolini with a Red Wine Reduction and Roasted Asparagus.



I take the meal as a personal success. The bearded giant HATES both broccoli and cauliflower...so broccolini is a tender delicious compromise which he will eat.

No comments: