30 March 2010

Surrounded by plants!

Some nights, Ellie is just bad. Instead of wanting to cuddle with me on the couch, or chew on her Nylabone, she looks for things to pick up off of the floor, bookshelves and coffee table. Last night, she picked up my Netflix movie, 2 pairs of socks, a rubber band, the empty box from the crackers I'd finished and she tried to pick up a butter knife I'd been using for cheese and crackers. Each time, I gave her a stern no and then ignored her. If she's going to rile me up and request negative attention, then I'm not going to give it to her. Bad dog!

In other news, the Spinning Ninny Planting Extravaganza continues. Last night, after wanting to crate Ellie for the better part of the night, I decided to work on the gardening. I planted seeds: green zebra tomatoes (heirloom), long purple eggplant, greek basil, bok choy, grey zucchini, and California wonder orange peppers.


As far as what I purchased, I got some Salvia, a Dahlia, some succulents (that I am bound to kill, but that the bearded giant could keep alive), lavender, parsley, mint, cilantro, purple Cherokee tomatoes, arugula, butter crunch lettuce, red leaf lettuce and STRAWBERRIES!!!

No comments: