09 June 2010

biscotti

I did my weekly baking last night. I made biscotti for the first time. It's incredibly easy to make although it does have a pretty long bake time for summer.


I made the loaf a little stouter than I should have, and that made cutting them into pieces fairly difficult. I think they still look pretty tasty, even before being baked a second time to harden them up.

And here's the final product - it was delicious. I added a little chocolate ganache to help them go over a little better at my office. :)



Edit: Per Travis's request, apparently, I never comment about the flavor. The biscotti was not too sweet and had a subtle almond flavor, although it had quite the nutty texture. In the future, rather than adding vanilla extract, I'll probably add almond extract and a wee bit more sugar.

No comments: