28 June 2010

FO: February Baby Sweater

Pattern: EZ's Baby Sweater on Two Needles (February)
Size: One size
Yarn: Lion Brand Babysoft Solid in Pistachio
Needles: Size 7
Started: 6/19/2010
Finished: 6/27/2010

I have been meaning to knit this particular sweater for a couple years now. I'm so glad that I finally got a chance to try out the pattern. I knit the February Lady Sweater 2 years ago, and I'm very excited to have finished this. The pattern is easy to follow and easy to knit. The gull lace pattern is very easy to memorize and so there's no need to schlep the pattern along with you.

The one modification that I made was to knit the sleeves in the round and then pick up stitches at the underarm once I was done knitting them. The end result looks great. You can see an underarm picture here.

My one piece of advice about knitting this - make sure you plan out where you want your buttons/buttonholes to be ahead of time.

1 comment:

Kate. said...

Have you tried your local county extension office for food preservation workshops? I looked through their website and they've taught food pres. classes in the past- maybe if you call them and express an interest in one, they'll schedule one in your area. Good luck!