17 June 2010

FO: Green Baby Surprise

Pattern: EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket
Size: Large
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Soft Yarn Solids in Guacamole
Needles: Size 8
Started: 6/11/2010
Finished: 6/14/2010

I've been in acupuncture for my carpal tunnel, and I've been working very hard not to exacerbate the pain. It's been getting better with the treatments and the constant use of my wrist brace. I know many people have carpal tunnel in both hands/wrists, but mine is only in my right. I decided to take a chance this past weekend, and actually do some knitting. It went well, although my wrist and hand muscles are pretty sore from the workout. I have two friends with infants, two friends with babies on the way, and one friend who's kid is turning 1 year old this summer. I thought I'd try my best to knit a couple things up.

Here's the first - my green baby surprise jacket. I still need to add buttons, but I think it looks pretty good. I love this pattern. Every time I knit it, I forget which end I'm knitting and so it takes me until halfway through which end I started knitting at and which pieces are the sleeves. All in all, I think it looks great. Now, on to my modified BSJ for smaller kids...

1 comment:

Dana said...

Wow! That is lovely! I tried to knit a blanket once and it turned into a trapezoid. I think I need a bit more practice before I try sweaters. I'm a little better at crochet, though. :)