29 June 2010

FO: Limey Cardigan

Pattern: Seamless Yoked Baby Sweater
Size: Small
Yarn: Red Heart Soft Baby
Needles: Circular size 4
Started: 7/11/2009
Finished: 6/29/2010


Embarrassingly enough, this is the first knit item of LAST year. As you know, my carpal tunnel was really getting me down there for a while. But now, I'm back in the game. I wasn't a fan of knitting this pattern, but I did find it to be a little vague for the directions at the end of the body. It's not clear for which rows you should start knitting the decorative pattern. If you do, indeed, want to have the 5th button hole be in the garter band at the bottom, you need to make sure to give yourself a handful of rows for the decoration. I wasn't paying attention and ended up having to pull a portion of it out (which grumpily resulted in a dropped stitch...grrr).

It's cute...I'm not sure who it's for, but I'm happy to have accomplished yet another knitted something this year. Initially both last year and this year, I'd had such high hopes for myself, but it just hasn't happened as I'd planned knitting-wise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful!!

Neighbor Julie (dog Zack)