03 July 2010

I love it when a plan comes together.

I've got a million and one things bubbling around in my head. It's a 3 day weekend, and next week's a one day work-week. The giant and I will be headed to Wisconsin via Chicago in 5 short days. I cannot wait. I'm feeling pretty fried at work. We've had a string of busy-making things going on which all culminated on June 30th - our fiscal year end. The new car smell of FY2011 is pungent and unavoidable...but I can't wait to escape it.

The weekend will bring me closer to my pursuit for happiness in canned items. I'm in search of an old school, hopefully ugly, crockpot. It will entail exploring some thrift stores, but I'm up for the task.

And, I feel like I kicked this holiday weekend off the right way. I had acupuncture, which I love and always enjoy...then the giant and I went to see The A-Team. What a great movie! If you loved them when you were a kid, like I did, you've got to see the movie! I managed to crank out an inch on the giant's Cobblestone while nervously knitting during the action of The A-Team! Woohoo! Now if only I could get my dog to sleep in a little later on the weekend...

1 comment:

Grumpy Editor said...

I'm so glad you liked the movie!

Please post tons of pictures of Wisconsin. I've never been but have always wanted to go. Have fun!