27 July 2010

Tortillas!

I was in a baking mood, but not so sure I was ready to tackle something huge.  I was a little bummed that I didn't have any naan to go with my hummus or any tortillas to use with some chicken, cheese and salsa.  Naan was a little more complex than I wanted, but homemade tortillas were super quick, very easy and tasty great.  They turned out just the same consistency as tortillas you buy at the store, but fresher and less chewy.  I just used the first recipe I stumbled onto when I searched for a recipe on my Blackberry.  Here's the recipe.


I must say, making them round was the biggest challenge.  Many of them are trapezoidal, but as long as that didn't impact the flavor, it didn't matter!


Making tortillas at home is definitely worth the time and energy!

1 comment:

Grumpy Editor said...

This looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I'll have to try this.