06 January 2011

Confusion in the Space-Time Continuum

It's been a long time since I was last at work - a week ago today, to be exact.

The giant and I had a lovely staycation. We had hoped to do some traveling up to visit his family, but flight costs and booked kennels got the best of us.

Much to his chagrin, we spent the last 5 days selling a ton of our belongings on Craigslist. Among the spoils: a sofa bed, a loveseat, 2 tables, 6 chairs, a pressure cooker and a blender. There are still things up there, but the good stuff went quickly. With the cash from our sales, we have purchased a mahogany antique china cabinet, a mahogany antique buffet and an a walnut antique dining set. The china cabinet and buffet are exactly what we wanted. The table is close but not quite. The giant and I have very different taste in furniture. I like delicate and refined; he likes pieces that look fit for a Medieval castle. Never the two shall meet, so we compromised. I'm thrilled with our purchases and I can't wait to fully integrate them into our household.



I also spent a good deal of time working on the giant's sweater. I started it AGES ago, but had trouble with sizing and then just couldn't motivate to do the sleeves. Thanks to my friend Jess, I am knitting both sleeves simultaneously, which prevents me from catching second sleeve syndrome. I'm truly hoping that I can finish the whole kit and kaboodle this weekend. I will keep you posted.

On the less positive side, I have to go back to work after days and days and days off. In fact, I am shocked to say that including today, I have only 5 business days in my office before I switch jobs. Very intense.

On that note, off to work!

No comments: