16 March 2011

Locks of Love

I always liked having my hair short. It's easy to manage, doesn't require being blown dry, doesn't get in my eyes and mouth when it's windy. It was always very functional for playing rugby.

I met Misha in 2006. For some strange reason, she wanted to know what I'd look like with long hair. At her promoting, I accepted the challenge to grow it out. I knew that there were bound to be some awkward hair styles in between.  Because I'm not a fan of having long hair, I decided that I should grow it for a purpose - I decided on Lock of Love.

Four and a half years later, I've managed to grow my hair out to donation length. There have been points that I've loved my hair, and points that I've hated it. The longer it's gotten, the more unwieldy it's gotten. I spend the majority of the time now with my hair up in ponytail or bun.

I am happily donating it to Locks of Love. There's a salon in Raleigh that gives free cuts and styling for folks donating to Lock of Love. My mom will be accompanying me this week to Salon Moxie to have my hair cut for donation.

Top to bottom - 2006 to 2011.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I to comment here. I just cut 36 inches off my hair and cut it short for the first time in 15 yrs and I love it.