14 April 2011

Around the Country in 80 Days!

Well, not quite, but almost.  My travel schedule has been crazy lately.  I've just gotten back and I have a few weeks off before I get going again.

It's hard to believe that it's been a month since I last posted to my blog.  I'll try to do a couple updates this week...

My travel schedule looked something like this:
Week of March 21st - Boston
Week of March 28th - Southern California
Week of April 4th - Chicago, then board meetings in Durham
Week of April 11th - NYC (See Bear/Lamp statue by Urs Fischer)

Traveling every week isn't quite what I want to do. I'd much rather be on an every other week schedule, but the California trip was rescheduled from the previous month and threw things off.  Thankfully, the Chicago trip was canceled, which gave me a bit of a breather.

I have a few weeks off and then I get started AGAIN.  Whew.

The new job has been going well, but with this much travel, it's hard to feel grounded and well-rested in between.  Poor little Ellie has been suffering because of the traveling too.  She has stress colitis, so when I'm gone, she gets stressed out and all hell breaks loose in her gastrointestinal tract.  Last week required two visits to the vet, lots of pills, a change of dog food and a lot of cooing to a very sick puppy.  She's definitely well-mended now, and I think that we've been able to take some preventative measures for this week's travel.

No comments: