25 May 2011

Birth-State of Aviation

How is it possible that I am simultaneously resistant to change and longing for it?  Sometimes I confuse myself.  Recently, I've been having moving pangs.  Today, while planning out a future work trip to NYC, I looked at a large cartoonish map of the 5 boroughs and thought...I'd LOVE to just move up there and explore.

Move up there?  Me?  NYC and I are like oil and water.  We can coexist peaceably for 48 hours - much more than that makes my ankles swell.  Literally.

Owning a house, mooning over my dog, my garden and my bearded giant are all lovely wonderful things, but occasionally, I long for adventure.  I'm nearing the 4 year mark living down here in the birth-state of aviation.  I love it, but I do ache for a change occasionally.  Maybe sometime soon...

2 comments:

Katie said...

I mean this in the best way: It's nice to see that you sometimes look to the greener pastures as well. I often read your blog and become envious of your full, adventurous life in NC. I guess everyone gets restless sometimes. I often imagine that I give up my white-collar desk job, move to Somewhere Else, get a bunch of chickens and goats, and live happily on a farm. Then I realize that I'm too dependent on having a Target within 10 minutes from my house...

Katie said...

I mean this in the best way: It's nice to see that you sometimes look to the greener pastures as well. I often read your blog and become envious of your full, adventurous life in NC. I guess everyone gets restless sometimes. I often imagine that I give up my white-collar desk job, move to Somewhere Else, get a bunch of chickens and goats, and live happily on a farm. Then I realize that I'm too dependent on having a Target within 10 minutes from my house...