10 November 2011

FO: Shalom Cardigan

Pattern: Shalom Cardigan

Size: One size, but I modified to make it bigger
Yarn: Cascade 220 - White (8505)
Needles: Circular 10.5
Started: 8/6/2011
Re-started: 9/29/2011
Finished: 11/9/2011

I had three skeins of Cascade 220 that I was trying to get rid of.  This seemed like the perfect opportunity - and I didn't have a white cardigan of any sort.  I started knitting the only size that the pattern offers, only to find that there was little to no chance that it would fit me.

I frogged it, and modified the pattern to fit an...adult?  Yes, an adult.  I cast on 30 for each front panel, 53 for the sleeves, 77 for the back.  I cranked along and knit nearly the entire thing in a week and a half.  Then, I started knitting something different and just never finished the last 2 rows.  Last night, I sat down, busted through the last 2 rows, sewed in my bits and set it out to block.  Whew.  It's been FOREVER since I last finished a knitted item.  The last thing I finished knitting was the Aviatrix baby hat...which I STILL haven't blocked and sewn in the ends.  Someday soon...


2 comments:

Jen Hernandez said...

I think your modifications will work for me but did you hold 2 stands of yarn together or was it just one strand?

Spinning Ninny said...

Just one strand!