02 November 2011

The Knit Report

It has been forever since I actually blogged about knitting.  The last finished object that I blogged about was in August 2010.  Fail.

Here's a little update for you.

Anais
I started the Anais with some random yarn that I had purchased on a whim.  Of course, my self-perception of myself is that I am a 34" bush, which isn't entirely true, especially when you factor in my line-backer shoulders.  Alas, I got nearly finished before I realized that the finished product would most likely not fit me.  I'm resisting the urge to frog and re-knit, but that is ultimately what will happen.

Aviatrix Baby Hat
I finished the Aviatrix in August 2010, but never blocked it.  As is, it's sitting in a pile of items to be blocked.  It's gonna be cute - as soon as it's totally finished and has had it's own photo shoot.

Cobblestone
Ah, yes.  Another long time UFO (for the un-initiated, that's Unfinished Object.)  The Cobblestone and I have been through quite a bit together.  I started it in October 2009...and and to frog it soon thereafter when it turned out to be sized for an entire family rather than the bearded giant.  I nearly finished it this summer, but since, I've had it on the back burner.  I need to sew in the ends and block it.  Those tasks, I'm planning on doing this week.  I want the giant to FINALLY enjoy that damn sweater.  It will be my first finished adult sized pullover.


Blue Vest
I started knitting this in October 2009.  I frogged it this month - October 2011 in favor of using the yarn for something else.  I was hoping that the vest I'd started (from Fitted Knits) would actually fit me, but alas, 'twas not to be.  It would have fit me back in 1999... MAYBE.

This picture was taken in October 2009...at my old apartment before I bought the house... Whoa.

Liesl
The Cascade 220 from the Blue Vest is being used for one of my current projects - a lace cardigan designed by Ysolda Teague.  I'm not 100% certain that it will fit me, but I just needed to use up the yarn.  If it doesn't fit me, I'll be gifting it to anyone who's interested in a small cap-sleeved Duke blue lace cardigan.  The only other bad thing about Liesl, is that it reminds me of The Sound of Music...so, for the last few weeks, I've been humming Sixteen Going on Seventeen.



Shalom
I started this in August 2011, so that's relatively recently.  I knit the pattern as written and ended up with a child-sized cap-sleeved cardigan.  I frogged it and restarted it in late September 2011.  As of now, it's almost done.  It's waiting to have the ends sewn in and to be blocked.


Of course, there are other projects lazing about waiting to be finished, but these seem to be the closest to completion or at least the most satisfying...

1 comment:

Jadielady said...

YAY! I wondered if you were still knitting. Not like I can talk, I think I have made 2 blog posts since I moved....
I started to knit a shalom cardigan but the top part drove me nuts, so I frogged to do a regular vest, and have gotten stuck with math issues. Oh well :)
I'll stick to socks I think.