30 January 2012

Productivity Abound!

Such a productive weekend:
  • Taxes - done and filed!
  • Seeds - started!
  • Bread - baked!
  • House - tidied!
  • Laundry - done!
  • (Hated) Grocery Shopping - accomplished! 
  • Impromptu baking - finished with flying colors thanks to my neighbor's butter!


The Classic French Bread that I tried...was maybe not so classic.  I accidentally used whole wheat flour instead of bread flour.  I'm not sure how I did it, but I did.  I think they turned out just fine, but ultimately it produced a coarser texture than I had wanted.  That being said, I'm glad I tried it and I will be doing the recipe again the correct way later this week.  Blerg.


Who doesn't love a little added productivity to their lives?!?  Later this week, I'll be traveling to NYC for work.  I had thought about tacking on a day so that I could look at wedding dresses from two designers that are based in NYC.  Money's a little tight for me to be dropping $150 to change a flight and stay up there for an extra day.  Looks like I'll be making another trip up to NYC sometime soon for that purpose.

And last, but certainly not least, on a whim last night, I decided to bake a chocolate cake.  We probably didn't need additional baked goods in the house, but sometimes, you just need a pick me up.  Mid-evening, with no sweets in the house, I found out that I'd missed National Chocolate Cake Day.  To remedy that, I found an easy recipe.  The complication: I'm out of butter! Blasphemy.  Mine was a little dryer than the one in the picture on Smitten Kitchen, but nonetheless, it was well received.  Here's the recipe: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/08/everyday-chocolate-cake/

 

No comments: