31 January 2012

Traveling Pets: Trying Something New

In a few weeks, I'll be heading to Williamsburg and Yorktown to meet with some wedding related folks.  Normally, I just board Ellie for that type of thing.  There are two problems with this.  1) I always want Ellie to be better about traveling, better interacting with people, etc. and 2) Boarding pets gets expensive when you go out of town a lot.  Since I travel so much for work, I'd like to spend my down time with the people and animals that I love.

I am trying something new - I'm taking Ellie with me.

Although information about it is hard to find, Williamsburg has two pet-friendly hotel options - 1) Williamsburg Inn (high-end) and 2) the Cascades Motel.  The Williamsburg Inn requires a $500 pet deposit...and your dog must not bark.  The Cascades, which have no dedicated website, require no pet deposit, are inexpensive and don't much care if your dog barks.  Trip Advisor has reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g58313-d1059984-Reviews-Cascades_Motel-Williamsburg_Virginia.html. It doesn't sound like it's going to win any awards, but having the option to bring your pet always warms my little heart.  In addition to getting a nice room with a decent view for you and your pets, you also get breakfast at the Woodlands and you can take your pet with you all over the colonial section.

I also stumbled upon this website: Dog Jaunt, which actually has a post which details a visit to Colonial Williamsburg with dog in tow!

I'm excited to check out the place and see how Ellie likes it.

How could you ever want to leave this behind?


No comments: